Biggar Golf Club

Create Scorecard

Add Course Image
Location:
Broughton Rd,
Biggar,
Scotland,
ML12 6HA,
GB
(GPS):
Holes:
18
Established:
1907
Website:
Designer:
Access:
Semi-Private
Courses Nearby:
Carnwath Golf Club
West Linton Golf Club
Harburn Golf Club
View Discussion

Biggar Golf club was established on 13th June,1895. At that time the golf course was "laid out" on high ground about a mile from the station (Caledonian Railway). Visitors in those days paid one shilling per day, two and six per week or ten shillings for three months. The course was known as "Langlees", the home of Lord and Lady Clydesmuir.

In 1901 a new course was laid out at Heavyside, to the South East of the town. The people of Biggar, still not satisfied, in 1907 decided to hold a bazaar so as to raise £1000 to establish a new golf course and public park which is at the present location. This course of nine holes was opened by Old Tom Morris. In 1922 the course was extended to eighteen holes.

Via Biggar GC