Q: How do I get my home course on this wiki?
- Sign up: here
- Once logged in: add a course
Once your course is added you can:
- Add a course description
- Add course facts (especially the latitude/longitude)
- Input full scorecard information
- Then add hole descriptions
Q: How to add course notes?
- Add your commentary about strategy and facts about any course or hole
- Please do add tips on:
- How to play the hole
- Where to hit if the shot is blind
- Which way does the fairway kick on the drive?
- Are there any hidden bunkers?
- Please do not discusss whether the hole or course is "good" or "bad." Just factual attributes.
Q: How do add hole illustrations?
- On your desktop, download Inkscape (it's free!)
- Get a satalite image of the hole you want to map. One place is the USGS Earth Explorer
- Download any .SVG template hole, for example: #13 at Augusta
- Follow the instructions of my tutorial here
- For advance users, see The Techie Golfer's video that inspired me when I started mapping courses.
- The recommended file type is .svg (scalable vector graphics)