Minnehaha was founded in 1905 and the first course was 9 holes located at McKennan Park near downtown Sioux Falls. The Club moved to the current property in 1917, where golf course architects William Langford and Theodore Moreau designed a wonderful new 18 hole course. Langford and Moreau have come to be known as pioneers in golf design, and employed steam shovels to shape a course with dramatic, bold features. The golf course has undergone several changes throughout the last century, and over the past several years Minnehaha Country Club has implemented a golf course master plan that aims to restore many of the original features and enhance the playability of the golf course.
First and foremost, the golf course is incredible. The fairways are like greens and the greens are as pure as you’re going to get. The course superintendent, everybody involved this week has done an amazing job to give us the golf course that we have.
– Darren Clarke, Sanford International Tournament Champion 2021
Via Minnehaha CC